2012-13 Titan squad

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: 2012-13 Titan squad

Postby olderman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:10 pm

I have to admit I do feel older after finally getting on this board again. (my granddaughter, recent grad of a UDM!! got me on today).
We are both big fans of Ray and Nick so of coarse we expect big things this year with Nick coming back for another year. I did see the big kid for OCC play a game last year and he will help in the middle for sure. Solanke I just don't know anything about, but size helps in the middle.
Look forward to seeing Howard play this year and see how he fits in with the current players who are returning. Doug and Evan will be fun to watch for different reasons. :)
I hope calliste comes to form this year. If the cards fall in place this could be a great year for the Titans.
I big applaud for the coaches job last year, especially Ray.
olderman
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Its hard, but I am trying not to get too excited about Minnerath because of the injury. Being off a year is tough too. I know he can shoot the 3 very well (he shot something like 37% his first year with us and was 4 for 9 last year), and rebounding ok, but he didn't have many post moves. He seemed a little lost down there with the ball. But, boy, could he jump and dunk. Will his injury or time off affect his shot or vert? We'll see.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby Detriotfinest » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:24 pm

I enjoy reading all the optimistic writing lately. New members, new insight, new optimism! It's all good.
I think a lot of us are happy to just sort of start fresh. Returning players without baggage or egos that get in the way of coaching and winning. We don't really know how good we will be, but I think that makes it that much more exciting and enjoyable. It ia great to see the enthusiasm and support for a player like Minnerath. I wish the best for the Titans, I think this is the best group we have had in a long while. A great mix of kids!
Detriotfinest
Junior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball