Where does this years recruiting class rank all-time?

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Where does this years recruiting class rank all-time?

Postby retspooh » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:38 am

Two 7-footers, two big-time local scorers (one from Flint), a big 6'-8" PF with shooting range, and another athletic wing from Florida.

Not a bad class. I certainly believe they have topped the HL in recruiting this year. Overall, I can't think of such a talented class of recruits.

Can anyone think of a better class?
retspooh
Senior

Re: Where does this years recruiting class rank all-time?

Postby Commissioner » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 am

1974: John Long, Terry Tyler, Turono Anderson, Kevin Kaseta, Dave Grauzer.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:37 am

Certainly Brundidge and Wilson make this a great recruiting class.

I don't think we can get terribly excited about the others just yet. Being close to 7'0" alone isn't enough. None of the JUCOs had stats that stand out or remotely indicate they will be impact players. But if they can be even decent role players, we are looking good for at least a couple more years.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby retspooh » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:32 am

JimmyChitwood wrote:Certainly Brundidge and Wilson make this a great recruiting class.

I don't think we can get terribly excited about the others just yet. Being close to 7'0" alone isn't enough. None of the JUCOs had stats that stand out or remotely indicate they will be impact players. But if they can be even decent role players, we are looking good for at least a couple more years.

If you consider the projected back-up made the all-defensive team twice and was the defensive player of the year once at OCC, says a lot. That league is usually competitive with Mott CC leading the way. The 7-footers will provide an intimidating force and will be fun to watch. The guys should mesh well with the system and be smart and unselfish.
retspooh
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball