Breakout predictions

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Which player do you think will have the biggest "breakout" year?

Doug Anderson
4%
Jason Calliste
21%
Evan Bruinsma
13%
Nick Minnerath
42%
P.J. Boutte
8%
Anton Wilson
4%
Juwan Howard Jr.
8%
Jermaine Lippert
No votes
Akinyemi Solanke
No votes
Ugochukwu Njoku
No votes

Total votes : 24

Re: Breakout predictions

Postby NC Titan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:31 pm

titanmac wrote:chuck had a good season. we didn't have a mediocre season because chuck was out of position. we had a mediocre season because we lost coville and didn't have the depth to pick him up. besides that chuck was 6' 7" 220 (which probably means he was 6 5?) here's his numbers.

04-05: 30 g: 5.3 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 53.70% fg.

05-06: 32g: 10.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.1bpg, 56.7%

Chuck Bailey is the guy. Thanks, RoundSquare. (Michigan, not Michigan State?)

Didn't he have injury issues that limited his numbers in 04-05?

Chuck was better at forward than at center. He could defend a forward better than he could defend a center, and he was at his best offensively when he was moving, which he couldn't do as much at center position. He had some Anderson-like dunks, and he handles the lob passes in transition extremely well; again, not a skill that could be exploited at center, especially in a Perry Watson offense.

We would've had a much better season with Covile at C and Bailey at F.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:34 pm

titanmac wrote:i know there are those of you that disagree, but i think dougie's defense improved dramatically as the season went on last year. i hope he has been working hard on his defensive positioning this summer so that he will be the full court impact player he is capable of becoming.

Hope you're right . Hate to see him held out of close games because we need to put a better defender in. Although, on the other hand, he's one of our best FT shooters.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:56 pm

titanfan1 wrote:Nick and Ray are the best players on the team. It would be silly to play either of them out of position.

Ray will switch off between the one and the two like he did last year. i don't think he is playing out of position at the two. tho i suppose a case could be made that he is?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby titan1998 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:12 pm

wow..........................

nobody would believe how long it took me to get back on this board with a different name. Kansas. I swear I tried everything but the capital K.

anyway, I went with Nick for pretty much the same reasons the other posters said. I think along with his athletic ability and size, his over all game and his three point shooting will put him in a lot of scouts eyes.
titan1998
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm

I believe it titant. I had a heckuva time too. Anything to keep the spammers off the board works for me. I'm thikoin there are still guys out there tryin to get back on! Oh well they'll catch up!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby udm_2015 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:30 am

Glad to hear the Great One had a problem too. Count me in that grouping.

Minnerath is my choice for break-out player with Ray. I think the work ethic of those two will lead the team to 20 victories again this year. I missed not seeing nick play last year but will be back to watch him play this year. Ray is turning into an awesome player. Gonna be fun.
udm_2015
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball