Which opponents draw fans?

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Which opponents draw fans?

Postby titanreggie » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Juco. I hear you and I have talked with him about some of the stuff he has written and shown and he knows I'm not down with that but you can't hold on to it forever. I do agree that words can tarnish a player's rep and I feel as you do that it can be hurtful. He did it, he got called out on it and he knows how I and we feel about it. I hope it doesn't happen again but if it does, all we can do is call him out on it.

He has worked hard to put together a very good website, something only a couple of schools have independent of the school website in our league. But it is his website and he can put on it what he likes, whether he's right or wrong. Maybe we should have a site like his to tell our story in all sports and school issues, we don't.

Hell I get mad at some of you for some of the crap that's written but its your opinion and I don't hold a grudge over it. I may not agree with it but I don't hold grudges. I'm sure you guys think I write some crazy stuff sometimes and I know I do. Don't hold it over my head forever. I don't where any of you are concerned including PU.

I think, for the most part, Jimmy is a good guy. He definitely f'd up with the thugs thing but its not like we are beyond reproach.

Let's move on.
TAKE THAT BALL TO THE HOOP & MAKE THOSE TURNOVERS HURT!
PLAY HARD, PLAY TOGETHER & PLAY TO WIN! DEFEND THE HALL!
titanreggie
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Reggie, you are truly a man with a good heart and a godly spirit. To see the best in others is the right way to live. Panther is blessed to have you as a friend and your efforts do not go unnoticed. Take care.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:38 pm

No, titanforce, don't get me wrong. I don't petend to know the long history with Panther. You are probably justified in your opinion. I have more in common with you, actually. When I think someone in the program is getting a raw deal online here, I get angry and pretty much have to work at letting it go, too. And Panther has posted things that have upset me as a fan. That said, I just meant that Reggie seems like a person who has a very admirable trait in that he can forgive and move on and not hold a grudge...even when he disagrees. I'm not so good at that so I kind of marvel at that quality in others and try to follow a good example when I see it. I wasn't taking a shot at you or in any way diminishing your legitimate dispute with the man in Milwaukee. I don't know about the "thug" issue but if Panther was implying that our players or fans are thugs or posting lies than I too have an issue with him. My post about Reggie was more of a general observation about him as a person. He has a lot of qualities worthy of emulating. That was all I was saying. I don't want to be "irritatingly" positive. :D
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby detroittitans » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:14 am

This from a man who creates a post to ask where he has been? Explain please who the dope is?
I too remember the post and picture posted by pu and I too do not like the man. I too like reggie.
Guess I am a dope.
detroittitans
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:43 am

larrytitan wrote:Too many rope-a-dopes on this website.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:46 am

titanreggie wrote:Just a note to all of you. I am old enough to associate with whomever I want.

give me some tips then TR. sometimes i still have trouble with that!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby DPistons » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:51 pm

I have been watching Titan Basketball for many many years. Born and raised in Detroit. I have also read this board for years and it seems it is as much a social connection for old titan alums as it is for basketball fans. I think that connection is great except when it seems to me a few old timers like to make fun of or pick on new posters, never the old reliables, just the newbees. In addition they never really have an opinion on basketball. Then there are others that are a true joy to read and give great, thought provoking posts. Excited, Jimmy Chitwood, and new members who really seem to care about the team and want to talk basketball. Guess I didn't here, but will later if I don't get run of the board.
DPistons
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:41 pm

DPistons wrote:Guess I didn't here, but will later if I don't get run of the board.

You don't know what your talking about. Get out of here. ;)
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby titanreggie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Larry, I'm hanging in there and doing fine.

DPistons no one is picking on you or the younger posters. We all are united in our love of Titan Basketball and just like a brother, sometimes we don't agree but the love is always there. We are glad to have some young guys [and gals] getting interactive with us, it helps to keep us old dogs feeling young.

Most of my posts are about the team and the program and I actually don't like writing much during the summer because its a chance to step away and get my batteries recharged for the upcoming season. I consider you part of this family and I will always have your back, like I would any friend of mine. And yes, this is a way for us to stay connected and I want you to feel you've connected with like - minded people who care strongly about something [Titan Basketball] as you do.

Regards to all! GO TITANS!!!

TR

P.S. We'll keep working w/ you Mac! You're on the right path. ;)
TAKE THAT BALL TO THE HOOP & MAKE THOSE TURNOVERS HURT!
PLAY HARD, PLAY TOGETHER & PLAY TO WIN! DEFEND THE HALL!
titanreggie
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Too much time and type spent on Panther. If he is guilty of libelling us (and it does appear that he was), the outrage is understandable. But it's over now. We are the Titan Family and although we may disagree on the subject of fraternization with Panther, I think we can all agree that it will be cool (very cool) when we soundly beat UWM twice this season (and maybe three times if they are unlucky enough to draw us in the HL tournament). I will :D and :lol: .
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby titanarama » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:23 am

+1, MooseGuy.
No MERCY in Detroit.
titanarama
Senior

Postby bballing » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:31 pm

I will give a +1 to TitanFamily on this. I understand, it is over and move on too. Just seems that the titan family we talk about should stand together about some things. Blatent lies against our kids is one thing we should unite on. I also understand the other side of moving on and enjoying the coming season. I plan too. Last I will speak of it.
As larry would say......man talk about a wishy washy guy that balling guy is!
bballing
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball