valpo our rival?

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

valpo our rival?

Postby kirky313 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:54 am

i was talking with some fellow students recently and we realized we don't have a strong conference rival.. and i was thinking why not valpo. after their last second win in the hall last year and our fan interaction at the conference championship game, and the local valpo newspaper that accused us of tagging their street signs and houses i feel that its only right that we keep the animosity brewing in this new horizon league. what do you guys think?
UDM,DUKE
kirky313
Senior

Re: valpo our rival?

Postby ExcitedTitan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:15 am

Sounds good. VUCK FALPO!
ExcitedTitan
Senior

Postby titanreggie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Hey Excited, you stole my line. :lol: :lol: :lol: I was the one [along with my firend MM], who came up with Buck Futler, made and sold tee shirts and sweatshirts, which really upset Sister Fay. Didn't help that year, BU kicked our butts in league final at Wright St. I still own a tee shirt [I usually give it to a crazy student fan to wear at home BU games]and actually, Green Bay and one other school made up shirts also.

I like it though, I like it.

TR

PS Oakland for our rival in the near future I hope.
TAKE THAT BALL TO THE HOOP & MAKE THOSE TURNOVERS HURT!
PLAY HARD, PLAY TOGETHER & PLAY TO WIN! DEFEND THE HALL!
titanreggie
Senior

Postby ExcitedTitan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:32 pm

I forgot to give you credit Reg. :D
ExcitedTitan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:54 pm

We had a string of classic duels with butler during the st perry golden years that made it a natural rivalry. Valpo doesn't really excite me. Hardly someone I like to hate...at least not yet. I like to hate cleveland milwakee and gb a lot more than valpo. Is butler going to be on our schedule this year? I hope so!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby dtowntitan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:01 pm

NO!! Butler will not be on our schedule this season. They apparently refused to schedule any HL teams this year from what I have heard.
dtowntitan
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:05 pm

dtowntitan wrote:NO!! Butler will not be on our schedule this season. They apparently refused to schedule any HL teams this year from what I have heard.

I think they are still sore from getting their butts whooped around the HL last year. I hear they are starting to be able to sit down again. :P
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby titanreggie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:34 pm

I thought my idea was good at the time. Now its time to come up with something else for our rival...whoever that might be. I 'm thinking something to do with a sword since it is part of our logo. I'll think of something cool. VU and UDM have basically the same style of mascot [YOU THE MAN TOMMY, YOU WOULD KICK THE CRUSADER'S BUTT], so a duel might be in order on a tee. The two mascots face off on the front and their guy is down AND TT w/his foot on his throat and the sword at his head. WOW that sounds cool. :twisted:

TR
titanreggie
Senior

Postby titanarama » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:52 pm

I like your attitude, TR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No MERCY in Detroit.
titanarama
Senior

Postby dtowntitan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Good idea TR, how about replicate the famous St. Michae the archangel pose, of him with his sword in the neck of satan with his foot on his head crushing him. Only with tommy having his foot on the head of the crusader and his sword drawn pointing down on him.
dtowntitan
Senior

Postby titanreggie » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Downtown, you're right with me. I love it. It would definitely be a conversation starter.

TR
titanreggie
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:33 pm

You always were a firebrand tr! S'why we get along!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:03 pm

I would say Reggie is quite the provocatuer...LOL. Valpo is not satanic (just Lutheran, I think), but I'll go along with you all. Wow, the Lutherans. That really is a natural rivalry that goes back a long ways. ;) Now when I think satanic, I think of Greg Kampe's hair. Kind of looks like it needs an exorcism.

By the way, pound-for-pound, Tommy Titan is the baddest mascot in the NCAA.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball