Garibaldi on WXYZ

Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Garibaldi on WXYZ

Postby cjmcgow35 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:01 pm

The President of the University will be on WXYZ on the 24th.

http://www.udmercy.edu/events/2014/08/2 ... -on-tv.php
Christopher McGowan '11
cjmcgow35
Senior

Re: Garibaldi on WXYZ

Postby Motor City Sam » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Thanks for the news, Christopher. I'll set my DVR.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby cjmcgow35 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:00 am

Christopher McGowan '11
cjmcgow35
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:17 pm

I also thank you for posting the link, Christopher. Just had a chance to view it this evening. I'm impressed with Dr. Garibaldi, he seems to be juggling a lot of responsibility and doing well by the university and the city. The 57% increase in the endowment in his 3 years sounds like a lot to me...quite an accomplishment. I know a few (just a few) on here think our campus location is a hindrance to growth but, as Dr. Garibaldi pointed out, it actually attracts some students from up north and outstate. And these are quality kids with a focus that goes beyond themselves to being a big part of a resurgence of the city. Undoubtedly, the challenges are real and solutions probably won't come fast enough. Still, one has to feel pretty good about the direction of the university and the part in can play in a better city and a better school. As Chuck Stokes briefly alluded to at the end, when he mentioned the disheartening situation that has developed in Missouri, there is still so much hatred, bitterness, and general ugliness that further drives a racial wedge between people. Very sad. But it's refreshing and encouraging to see that most of the people at UD (and those connected tangentially with the university, like Commissioner and, dare I suggest, myself ;) ), for the most part, are pulling in the same direction and want what is best for the city and university. And Dr. Garibaldi, with his wide breadth of experience in many areas, appears to be a good leader.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Return to General