2015 Enrollment and Fund raising update from Pres. Garibaldi

Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

2015 Enrollment and Fund raising update from Pres. Garibaldi

Postby uofdmik2008 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Nov. 6th update
Fall 2015 Enrollment – Interim Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs Debbie Stieffel reports that the new enrollment strategies are producing positive results based on the number and quality of applications the University has been receiving. As of today, 2,864 freshman applications have been received compared with 1,504 on this date last year, which is an 88% increase. Nine-hundred and seventy (970) applicants have been admitted thus far compared with 432 on this date last year, which is a 125% increase. And several hundred of the applications are still being processed. The number of students applying from Catholic high schools has increased significantly due to increased recruitment at Catholic high schools and the availability of the new UDM Catholic Education University Grant that is available to 2015 Catholic high school graduates in the Archdiocese of Detroit. As of today, 403 students from Catholic high schools have applied compared with 165 students last year; and most of the 358 Michigan students are from the Archdiocese of Detroit. The next two Visit Days on Saturday, December 6, 2014 and Saturday, February 14, 2015.

Comprehensive Campaign and University Advancement Update – Vice President Barbara Milbauer and the University Advancement staff are actively working on the Comprehensive Campaign. Total gifts and grants from private sources for FY 2015 through October are $1,800,525, which is 27% higher than last year’s total of $1,423,210. The Campaign has raised $36.2 million in gifts and pledges from private sources for student financial aid, academic programs and projects, selected facility improvements, and general operations. The $36.2 million total includes almost $10 million that has been placed into the endowment.
Mik

University of Detroit Mercy alum 08 and 09
uofdmik2008
Senior

Re: 2015 Enrollment and Fund raising update from Pres. Garib

Postby Motor City Sam » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:21 am

Thank you very much for the update.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby theroundsquare » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks from me, too. I'm pleased to hear about the $10M in the endowment. That deposit probably results in a 1/3 increase in the total, based on the last figures I saw. We need that for long-term stability and growth.
theroundsquare
Senior

Postby titanmac » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:12 am

i am thrilled that fund raising campaigns are routinely adding to the endowment. we need to grow the endowment to insure our financial future. this issue has been dear to my heart for a long long time. i haven't seen recent figures but on the strength of long bull market i would suspect it has grown accordingly. i trust we have good money managers out there somewhere.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Return to General