$100,000,000 Fundraising Campaign

Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

$100,000,000 Fundraising Campaign

Postby R.B.J1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:48 pm

UDM has launched a $100,000,000 fundraising campaign. According to this article the school has already received 21 gifts worth at least $1,000,000! That is great news for the school.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... 803628001/
R.B.J1
Senior

Re: $100,000,000 Fundraising Campaign

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:20 am

Here’s a link to the University’s webpage on this initiative:

http://udmercy.edu/about/giving/index.php

Just $200,000 is pegged for the athletics program. I was kind of hoping to see specific funding for permanent stands bordering the soccer/lacrosse field and running track, but that does not appear to be a priority at this time. (There were designs for such a structure drawn up a few years back.) Here’s what the fund-raising plan outlines in athletics:

“University of Detroit Mercy athletic programs have brought thousands of students, alumni and fans together for more than a century and that athletic and academic success continues today. Each year, about 250 student-athletes are honored by the University and the Horizon League for their high grade-point average, and in recent years, two Titan athletes were named valedictorian of their class. Nineteen Division I teams provide the opportunity for hundreds of student-athletes every year to represent their school as they develop leadership and team skills that will translate to their chosen profession. A university with a Division I sports program deserves Division I-quality facilities and Detroit Mercy is planning for major investments in its facilities. Renovations to Calihan Hall will enhance the game experience, including an elevator to help fans reach their seats and the Titan Club Room. These plans follow the addition of a new high-definition video board and sound system, which were installed in the past year, and the Student-Athlete Academic Center that will be completed this summer to provide University athletes a dedicated place to study and focus on their education with fellow Titan athletes. These updates will allow the University to generate funds by hosting NCAA and Horizon League tournament games and hold camps and tournaments throughout the year. The overall goal is a complete face-lift for Detroit Mercy athletics facilities, so Titan glory can continue to bring pride to the University for years to come.”
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby uofdmik2008 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:58 am

Rogobob77 wrote:Here’s a link to the University’s webpage on this initiative:

http://udmercy.edu/about/giving/index.php

Just $200,000 is pegged for the athletics program. I was kind of hoping to see specific funding for permanent stands bordering the soccer/lacrosse field and running track, but that does not appear to be a priority at this time. (There were designs for such a structure drawn up a few years back.) Here’s what the fund-raising plan outlines in athletics:

“University of Detroit Mercy athletic programs have brought thousands of students, alumni and fans together for more than a century and that athletic and academic success continues today. Each year, about 250 student-athletes are honored by the University and the Horizon League for their high grade-point average, and in recent years, two Titan athletes were named valedictorian of their class. Nineteen Division I teams provide the opportunity for hundreds of student-athletes every year to represent their school as they develop leadership and team skills that will translate to their chosen profession. A university with a Division I sports program deserves Division I-quality facilities and Detroit Mercy is planning for major investments in its facilities. Renovations to Calihan Hall will enhance the game experience, including an elevator to help fans reach their seats and the Titan Club Room. These plans follow the addition of a new high-definition video board and sound system, which were installed in the past year, and the Student-Athlete Academic Center that will be completed this summer to provide University athletes a dedicated place to study and focus on their education with fellow Titan athletes. These updates will allow the University to generate funds by hosting NCAA and Horizon League tournament games and hold camps and tournaments throughout the year. The overall goal is a complete face-lift for Detroit Mercy athletics facilities, so Titan glory can continue to bring pride to the University for years to come.”

The Campaign has raised thus far $78.5 million and athletics overall will receive $6million! Schools of Architecture and engineering already surpassed their goals of 7m and 15 respectively, raising a total of 9m and 17m. Athletics has a goal of 6m and thus far has raised 4m. The goals for program and faculty support of 25m has been surpassed as well, with the school raising 29m. Overall the school is ahead of schedule across the board for fundraising, and needs a final push.

Here is a link about the announcement yesterday!

http://www.udmercy.edu/about/news/articles/2017/10-27-campaign.php
Mik

University of Detroit Mercy alum 08 and 09
uofdmik2008
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:48 pm

This is just fantastic! You have to like the direction things are going. This makes my day. Thanks for the posts.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Return to General