2018 Schedule

Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

2018 Schedule

Postby GoTitans » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:25 am

Some great "home" games this year. The most exciting are the Midwest Lacrosse Classic games at Wisner Stadium in Pontiac, which include:
2/24 Marquette, 7:00 pm, under the lights, and probably cold.
3/2 Bellarmine, 4:00pm
3/4 Ohio State, 2:00pm

The other teams also play each other on the 2nd and 4th for doubleheaders. We don't have enough bleachers at Titan Field to host, and we filled Ultimate Sports with big games there. Wisner should be a cool venue. I haven't been there since the old Boys Bowls in the 80s. Lacrosse is better outside. The lighting inside most places is poor.

We also play at Notre Dame on February 11. Its nice there because if the weather is poor they have an indoor field next to the lacrosse fields. We play Air Force at home again. Air Force recently got hit with some sanctions so we should win that one. We have 3 home MAAC games and finish the regular season with Cleveland State on 4/28.

As always, if you have never seen a lacrosse game in person, do yourself a favor and check one out. OSU and Marquette have very good teams.
GoTitans
Senior

Re: 2018 Schedule

Postby JimmyChitwood » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:36 am

Tired of boring old Titan basketball? Check out of some exciting Titan lacrosse action: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/958082181200580608

And tickets for the Midwest Classic can be purchased here:
http://detroittitans.com/news/2018/1/25 ... -sale.aspx
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:27 am

Sixth ranked Notre Dame outscored Detroit 5-1 in the final period to beat the Titans 10-7 in the season opener on Saturday in South Bend.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby GoTitans » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:07 am

Commissioner wrote:Sixth ranked Notre Dame outscored Detroit 5-1 in the final period to beat the Titans 10-7 in the season opener on Saturday in South Bend.

They always play Notre Dame tough. They had a great chance to beat them in the NCAAs a few years ago but gave up 6 goals in the final quarter after leading 7-3 after 3. Non UofD or ND fans were talking about the game and positively about the Titans at my son's lacrosse game last night. That is always nice to hear.

Good to see true freshman Brennan Kamish from CC get a big goal in his first game.

Top 25 Marquette and Top 10 (maybe Top 5) Ohio State are in town February 24 and March 4, respectively, at Wisner Stadium in Pontiac.

I see the Titan also play Quinnipiac at Wisner March 31. That's 4 games at Wisner and 4 on Titan Field (none indoor at Ultimate). They really need to get more seating at Titan Field. Its a shame they have a great field on campus but not enough seating. On the other hand, there is a lot of young lacrosse players and fans not too far from Pontiac who may not come to campus. Unfortunately, its farther for me.
GoTitans
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:47 pm

GoTitans wrote:Good to see true freshman Brennan Kamish from CC get a big goal in his first game.

He got two goals in the first quarter against Bellarmine leading the Titans to a 5-0 lead after 1 qtr at Wisner today. I hope to make it out on Sunday for the OSU game.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Return to LaCrosse