Jason Weber pre-season All-American

Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Jason Weber pre-season All-American

Postby JimmyChitwood » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:23 am

He's a heck of goalie, and is only a sophomore. He's honorable mention All-American, which puts him in the top 10 goalies in the country. Goalie is a very difficult position in lacrosse. Few pads, 110mph shots. It takes a special person to stand in there.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/2 ... cans/30269
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Re: Jason Weber pre-season All-American

Postby titanmac » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:24 am

congratulations to the young man.i hafta catch a game this season. keep saying i'm going to. never do.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:31 am

Weber listed as one of "Five NCAA D1 Players You Need to Know Before 2016"

Detroit wasn’t very good last year, but that didn’t stop them from upsetting Ohio State in the first game of the season. Credit for that, and for a lot of low scoring games, goes to goalie Jason Weber. Against Ohio State, Weber posted a 63.6% save rate on 22 shots. This was a start to a season that saw Weber post 14.43 saves per game, leading the NCAA in that category. That wasn’t just because Detroit allowed a lot of shots, as Weber also finished third in the nation in save percentage at 59.1% on the year.

Weber’s junior year should see him continue to build on that great performance. While Detroit is probably too small a program to make the NCAA Tournament, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Detroit upset another major program this season, nor would I be shocked to see Weber make someone’s MLL roster in the future.

http://laxallstars.com/five-ncaa-d1-pla ... ore%202016

Its unfair to say "Detroit wasn't very good last year" when they had their first ever winning season, beat a top 20 team in Ohio State, beat other teams they had not previously beaten, and made the MAAC playoffs.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby titanmike » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:56 am

I also dont like this...

"While Detroit is probably too small a program to make the NCAA Tournament"
titanmike
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:46 am

titanmike wrote:I also dont like this...

"While Detroit is probably too small a program to make the NCAA Tournament"

All we gotta do is win the MAAC, eh? It's not like there's not an obvious route to the Tournament, or like that route is insurmountable.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Return to LaCrosse