#16 Marquette this Friday

Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

#16 Marquette this Friday

Postby GoTitans » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:36 am

The game is being played in Louisville (Bellarmine U). Another win over a top 20 team would be nice. They play Bellarmine, a team they lost to at Ultimate last year, on Sunday.

On a side note for those interested, #1 Denver plays at #4 North Carolina on ESPNU this Friday at 4PM. Some have Notre Dame as #1 with Denver #2 and NC #3.
GoTitans
Senior

Re: #16 Marquette this Friday

Postby Commissioner » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Titans got votes in USILA poll this week, 28th in total points. A pair of wins this weekend would likely land us in the top 20.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby titanmac » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:25 pm

cool. gotta go see one of these games. maybe we should change leagues?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:56 pm

titanmac wrote:cool. gotta go see one of these games. maybe we should change leagues?

While I think the Big 10 adding lacrosse is great for lacrosse in the midwest, I don't think it helps us at all. With Johns Hopkins and Maryland playing in the Big 10 (to go along with solid Penn St. and Ohio St. programs) it give the Big 10 immediate legitimacy as a major lacrosse conference. This makes it harder for us to land local standouts, and stiffens our competition for the hidden gems and not-quite-top-tier talent from the east coast and Canada.

I read an article on the UofD v. UofM game and the writer, who had picked UofD to win, said UofM has already passed us and will continue to widen the divide. He said we will likely always be a top mid-major program, but we will not be on UofM's level.

With UofM building a multimillion dollar, several thousand seat new lacrosse stadium, to go along with their top notch existing facilities, our lacrosse team will have the same problem our b-ball team has in attracting players.

As for conferences, there are not many we would fit easily into or better than where we are. I suppose if the Big 10 wanted to add a team (I think they have 6 now) it could be us, but doubt UofM would allow that. We do not dominate our conference either, but are building a program that could. I would love to see the HL add lacrosse. There are a lot of good youth lacrosse programs in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Wisconsin and Minnesota that produce excellent players for HL teams. It would be nice to have an exciting up and coming sport that other conference do not have. Get the leg up on the MAC, MVC, etc. Come on HL, get out in front of this one for a change!
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:23 pm

The Marquette game has been moved up to 3:30.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Marquette got a 4 goal first quarter lead and won easy.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Marquette's play and ranking is impressive since this is only their 3rd year of D1 lax.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Return to LaCrosse