UofM at Detroit February 15, 2017 (inside)

Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

UofM at Detroit February 15, 2017 (inside)

Postby GoTitans » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Michigan just released their schedule and the Titan will host them February 15 at Ultimate in Pontiac at 7:00 -- unless a little snow keeps Michigan away AGAIN.

UofM is bringing in a top 20 recruiting class, and the Big 10 continues to improve. Ultimate is a great place to watch a game on a cold winter night. The Titans are due for a win against UofM. Mark your calendars now.
GoTitans
Senior

Re: UofM at Detroit February 15, 2017 (inside)

Postby Commissioner » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:10 am

Titan goalie Jason Weber has been named a pre-season All America Honorable Mention.

Season opens at Ohio State on Feb. 11. I may try to take that in. I haven't seen a lacrosse game in years. As noted, Michigan then visits Detroit on February 15.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Re: UofM at Detroit February 15, 2017 (inside)

Postby JimmyChitwood » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:38 am

Fun game, especially the first half. Game was tied 5-5 at the half with the Titans leading a fair amount of the half. But UofM scored 4 goals in about 2 minutes in the third to pull too far ahead. They were up 15-5 at one time. 2 late Titan goals made the final score a respectable 15-10. Not too bad for a young team. Size and speed was the difference, especially on ground balls (i.e. loose balls) where Michigan got 38 gb's to our 22. We were also w/o one of our leading returning scorers again.

On the sorta bright side, some freshmen and sophomores got a lot of playing time, played pretty well, and got some goals and assists. Good experience for when our conference games start.

On a brighter side, attendance was 1,537, and mostly UofD fans. Ultimate seats 1,650. Lots of young boys there. Good atmosphere. I should have mentioned before the game that they sell beer there -- we probably would have sold the place out.

On the dark side, I sat in front of the UofM bus driver. He lives in Canton. Nice guy. Only his second lacrosse game ever. But, he only referred to us as Mercy. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but its sad when people don't even get "Detroit" in there somewhere. I referred to us as Detroit, but he never picked up on it. At least the sport has a new fan.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Return to LaCrosse