Basketball Coaches Radio Show debuts Nov. 4

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Basketball Coaches Radio Show debuts Nov. 4

Postby Rogobob77 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:41 pm

The University of Detroit Mercy Department of Athletics and 910 AM Superstation will once again bring you the Titan Basketball Radio Coaches Show, starting next Monday, Nov. 4, at The Fowling Warehouse in Hamtramck.

During the non-conference season, there will be three Monday coaches shows on Nov. 4, Nov. 11 and Dec. 16, from 7-8 p.m. and will be aired live on 910 AM Superstation with Dan Hasty hosting.

Fans will get a chance to hear from head men's basketball coach Mike Davis and head women's basketball coach Bernard Scott as well as interact with both coaches and staff members.

In addition, all Detroit Mercy students (21 and over), faculty and staff members with a valid University ID will receive free admission into The Fowling Warehouse from 5-8 p.m. and can enjoy free games, while Titan fans just coming to the radio show will receive free admission (non-students must pay $10 if they want to play).

The Fowling Warehouse is located on 3901 Christopher St, Hamtramck, Mich., 48211, and parking is free. 

For more information, contact Director of Athletic Communications P.J. Gradowski at gradowpj@udmercy.edu

(FYI, Fowling is a hybrid game that combines the equipment of American football and bowling into one sport with a similar layout as horseshoes and cornhole. Fowling was invented in 2001 by Detroiter Chris Hutt. The object of Fowling is for teams to be the first to knock down all opponent's pins by throwing a full-size regulation football at 10 bowling pins positioned in a traditional bowling layout.)
Rogobob77
Senior

Re: Basketball Coaches Radio Show debuts Nov. 4

Postby uofdfan1983 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:47 pm

My 21 year old daughter took me to Fowlers as a surprise birthday present before a Detroit FC game last year. Fowlers is the bar where the Detroit FC crazies convene before their home games, play this stupid game and drink/eat and then walk enmasse to the field dressed up and doing their chants. It's fun. It's a great atmosphere. Maybe we can capture some of that enthusiasm if we have events at Fowlers ourselves.
Tom Buysse
Classes of 1983 and 1987
uofdfan1983
Senior

Postby titanmike » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:12 am

Well I am going to miss the first one. Buffalo Wild Wings in Troy from 5-9 will be hosting a cancer proceeds fundraiser for Henry Ford Game on Cancer, seeing as I put it together I should probably go. 20% of proceeds go directly to the program.
titanmike
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:35 pm

From DetroitTitans.com:

Fans, unfortunately our first Titan Basketball Coaches Show of 2019-20 has been moved back to the following Monday on Nov. 11 -- we'll have more information soon!
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby titanmike » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:30 am

Rogobob77 wrote:From DetroitTitans.com:

Fans, unfortunately our first Titan Basketball Coaches Show of 2019-20 has been moved back to the following Monday on Nov. 11 -- we'll have more information soon!

Well then I ask everyone to come out to Buffalo Wild Wings in Troy from 5-9 on 11/4(Tomorrow) and support Game on Cancer and we can talk some Titan Hoops.
titanmike
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball