Can The Titans Win 10 Games This Season?

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Can The Titans Win 10 Games This Season?

Postby titanmike » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:42 pm

titanmac wrote:sigh. commish, you are so locked into data, data you set the parameters for btw, you will never recognize change coming nor be able to anticipate its flow. never understand what it takes to move a big bureaucracy around and to change its direction, never get that whether you think you can or whether you think you can't you're right. oh you might well understand the words. without the tune its nothing but rhetoric. fine for a professor. disaster for a manager. enjoy your numbers. i admit. they're fun. more than that, they are necessary. nevertheless, after awhile you can pretty much anticipate what they mean without engaging in detailed dissection. someone will summarize that for you. no need to keep repeating the obvious.

ps. going one on one in court with you would also be fun. i'd need to be at the top of my game. not sure how much trial experience you have, if any? no matter. i am over all that. life is too much fun on its own to waste my time now. have a great day!

Mac, saying commish is locked into data is no different than your lock in to Sagrin?
titanmike
Senior

Postby 1975SHjoe » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:34 pm

Speaking of Sagarin we will be 1 point under dogs in all the coming home games, except CLV. ST where we should be favored by 3. If the team hopes for a HL tourney home game the next four as must wins!
1975SHjoe
Senior

Postby titanmac » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:41 pm

mike: yup! sagarin is a nice summary of analytical data that i find useful. glad he does it for me!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:01 pm

titanmac wrote:sigh. commish, you are so locked into data, data you set the parameters for btw, you will never recognize change coming nor be able to anticipate its flow. never understand what it takes to move a big bureaucracy around and to change its direction, never get that whether you think you can or whether you think you can't you're right. oh you might well understand the words. without the tune its nothing but rhetoric. fine for a professor. disaster for a manager. enjoy your numbers. i admit. they're fun. more than that, they are necessary. nevertheless, after awhile you can pretty much anticipate what they mean without engaging in detailed dissection. someone will summarize that for you. no need to keep repeating the obvious.

ps. going one on one in court with you would also be fun. i'd need to be at the top of my game. not sure how much trial experience you have, if any? no matter. i am over all that. life is too much fun on its own to waste my time now. have a great day!

I'm not sure calling attention to our W-L record really counts as being "locked into data." There is a reason they keep score.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball