2020 commit - PG Kyle LeGreair

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: 2020 commit - PG Kyle LeGreair

Postby udballer » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:19 am

I have no doubts that they'd be a dominant backcourt at LSSU. So, if your prediction comes true, we will be one of the very best teams in the GLIAC. :)
udballer
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:22 pm

udballer wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:
udballer wrote:Cool. Glad we're on the same page. I think he'll be a contributor down the road. I also felt he played solid defense from buzzer to buzzer. Probably would be able to handle similar sized guards as doin as he arrives on campus.

From yesterday (only), I thought Julian Roper was the most promising player on the court. Very smooth. Similar to EC Matthews, I thought.

Yes, impressed with Roper. He has offers from Wisconsin, Ohio St., etc.

Not sure if you saw the first game, UDJ versus Detroit Frederick Douglas. Douglas had a Junior big man the Titans have offered — Javantae Randle.

Did not see that game. Thanks for the heads up. I'll down with any long-term big man. Did you see that one? If so, how'd he look?

I wonder how many Michigan Fans were wondering why Belein signed Simpson as he had no outside shot in HS. We need quick athletic players not a bunch of Ackermans and guys who can score and pass inside but can't get up and down the floor and by the time the do, the other team has already scored and everyone is headed back up the court.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby udballer » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:59 pm

Not sure how that applies to the conversation, up. Nobody had their fingers crossed for a bunch of Ackermans to sign on. I'm also pretty sure we're not trying to put the smallest team in America on the court either... especially if they're not prepared to immediately contribute.

I'm fine with the two signings so far, so long as the expectations aren't huge. After AD graduates, these guys should be able to be counted on in one way or another. I hope the 5/6 new guys that come in aren't all guards. If they are, we'll continue to lose.
udballer
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:26 pm

NC Titan wrote:
uofdfan1983 wrote:At 6-foot without a great shot, I question his upside. No doubt he can be a decent role player and if he works hard on his shooting maybe more than that.

Maybe he can take 50,000 or so jump shots over the summer.

Tom, how will he pair up as a backcourt mate to Liedel a few seasons down the road?

Tom, how do you think the two recruits will pair up in a few seasons?
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby uofdfan1983 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:36 pm

I have not seen Liedel play yet so I don't know. They are both PGs and both short so they probably won't see the court together very often. I would place LeGreair in the "Darius Belin/Woody Payne" mold, if we're lucky. Liedel is more of a pure scorer/shooter along the lines of a current player who happens to be the Coach's son. If Liedel is half the player as Number 0 is, we'll be VERY lucky...
Tom Buysse
Classes of 1983 and 1987
uofdfan1983
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:47 pm

The fact that the coach wants a veteran ballhandler suggests that he is not counting upon either signed guard to contribute significantly in the 2020-21 season.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:02 pm

LeGreair made the Detroit News’ third-team All-Detroit:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 936188001/
Rogobob77
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball