Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby titanmike » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:06 pm

JR RS Kenny Pittman of Oakland enters the portal( so fun to say that, so sci-fi)
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby titanmike » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:23 pm

Add Traveon Maddox and Christoper Gettlefiner, that's huge with Maddox leaving.
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby JDetroitTitan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:02 pm

Maybe OU is having APR rating issues next year and players are jumping ship? Did I break this story or is it just coincidence that these guys are leaving. I guess time will tell
JDetroitTitan
Senior
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby Oudrummer » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:36 pm

Their leaving has nothing to do with a non existent APR issue. It’s a Kampe issue at this point. There’s your talking point. These kids don’t want to play for him anymore.
Oudrummer
Senior
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby JDetroitTitan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Oudrummer wrote:Their leaving has nothing to do with a non existent APR issue. It’s a Kampe issue at this point. There’s your talking point. These kids don’t want to play for him anymore.


Ok I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say I might of pulled the trigger fast on my APR theory. But looking at two year with guys leaving like this you will have APR problems in the future unless you can pull together two good years in a row that I can be certain of.
JDetroitTitan
Senior
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby titanmike » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:24 pm

Oudrummer wrote:Their leaving has nothing to do with a non existent APR issue. It’s a Kampe issue at this point. There’s your talking point. These kids don’t want to play for him anymore.


True statement , but it might end up becoming an issue.
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby ptctitan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:44 pm

JDetroitTitan wrote:Maybe OU is having APR rating issues next year and players are jumping ship? Did I break this story or is it just coincidence that these guys are leaving. I guess time will tell


First, I don't wish APR issues on anyone - especially when they result from transfers. The NCAA created the portal and shifted all the power to the players. I think the NCAA recognizes this because it has called for full comment by all compliance officers on the APR after the portal took effect.

Second, it is a 4-year average APR score (not one bad year) that determines whether a school is subject to penalties. One bad APR for OU most likely would not subject them to any penalties. Our issue is that we had two bad APRs in a four-year span. OU could withstand an APR as low as 837 for 2018-19 and still not be penalized. OU still has a very good APR from 2015-16 that can offset a 2018-19 as low as 837.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby NC Titan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:11 pm

Were I an OU fan I would be more concerned about roster quality with all these transfers. A couple of season ago OU graduated or lost their top six players. Hard to recover from, and if players are leaving at this rate, the cupboard is going to be somewhat bare for Kampe. Though he is a good recruiter.......
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior
 
Posts: 2718
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby The-Dude » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:59 pm

JDetroitTitan wrote:Maybe OU is having APR rating issues next year and players are jumping ship? Did I break this story or is it just coincidence that these guys are leaving. I guess time will tell


JOU, you didn’t break anything Dude, you’re just obsessed with OU!!!
The-Dude
Senior
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:27 am

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby JDetroitTitan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:03 am

NC Titan wrote:Were I an OU fan I would be more concerned about roster quality with all these transfers. A couple of season ago OU graduated or lost their top six players. Hard to recover from, and if players are leaving at this rate, the cupboard is going to be somewhat bare for Kampe. Though he is a good recruiter.......


I don't understand why all of their players are leaving. Is it because they have to play in a glorified High School gym or is it because there warm up look like the Hamburglar design them :lol:
JDetroitTitan
Senior
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby ptctitan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:18 am

JDetroitTitan wrote:
NC Titan wrote:Were I an OU fan I would be more concerned about roster quality with all these transfers. A couple of season ago OU graduated or lost their top six players. Hard to recover from, and if players are leaving at this rate, the cupboard is going to be somewhat bare for Kampe. Though he is a good recruiter.......


I don't understand why all of their players are leaving. Is it because they have to play in a glorified High School gym or is it because there warm up look like the Hamburglar design them :lol:


Good one JDT. :D Could the sudden emergence of these problems trace back to the departures of assistants Drew Valentine to Loyola Chicago and Saddi Washington to Michigan? When they were on Kampe's staff, there appeared to be more stability in OU's program and recruiting.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby JDetroitTitan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:57 am

ptctitan wrote:
JDetroitTitan wrote:
NC Titan wrote:Were I an OU fan I would be more concerned about roster quality with all these transfers. A couple of season ago OU graduated or lost their top six players. Hard to recover from, and if players are leaving at this rate, the cupboard is going to be somewhat bare for Kampe. Though he is a good recruiter.......


I don't understand why all of their players are leaving. Is it because they have to play in a glorified High School gym or is it because there warm up look like the Hamburglar design them :lol:


Good one JDT. :D Could the sudden emergence of these problems trace back to the departures of assistants Drew Valentine to Loyola Chicago and Saddi Washington to Michigan? When they were on Kampe's staff, there appeared to be more stability in OU's program and recruiting.


PTC good point. It really looks like it has something to do with their program internally at this point. I don't think for them getting rid of Kampe is the right answer. The best move for them is for Kampe clean out his staff and get a bigger paycheck for him to attack a more talented staff.

If that doesn't work its time to start over
JDetroitTitan
Senior
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:24 am

Oakland's Madison Monroe has become the fourth Grizzly to enter the transfer portal. The 6-3 freshman guard averaged 2.2 points and 1.3 rebounds this season.

Be careful if you Google "Madison Monroe" looking for more information. Apparently there is a porn star by the same name.
Rogobob77
Senior
 
Posts: 3608
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby JDetroitTitan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:26 am

Rogobob77 wrote:Oakland's Madison Monroe has become the fourth Grizzly to enter the transfer portal. The 6-3 freshman guard averaged 2.2 points and 1.3 rebounds this season.

Be careful if you Google "Madison Monroe" looking for more information. Apparently there is a porn star by the same name.


:lol:
Last edited by JDetroitTitan on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JDetroitTitan
Senior
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby The-Dude » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:26 am

JDetroitTitan wrote:
ptctitan wrote:
JDetroitTitan wrote:Good one JDT. :D Could the sudden emergence of these problems trace back to the departures of assistants Drew Valentine to Loyola Chicago and Saddi Washington to Michigan? When they were on Kampe's staff, there appeared to be more stability in OU's program and recruiting.


PTC good point. It really looks like it has something to do with their program internally at this point. I don't think for them getting rid of Kampe is the right answer. The best move for them is for Kampe clean out his staff and get a bigger paycheck for him to attack a more talented staff.

If that doesn't work its time to start over


How do you know so much about OU? OU is mentioned in Every post you’ve made. This is a fact. I think PTC’s point with the recent staff departures seems highly likely to be the cause. When you say “I really think it’s internal”, can you elaborate? Or is it just a hunch based on your OU expertise?
The-Dude
Senior
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:27 am

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby 1975SHjoe » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:28 pm

Transfer #4 Madison Monroe just announced he is leaving Oakland
1975SHjoe
Senior
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby titanmike » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:41 pm

Wouldn't the staff departures also be included in an internal problem? I also have heard its a Kampe problem.
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby JDetroitTitan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:55 pm

On the other titan board hsscout1 said that verbal commits said Oakland F Jackie Harris (FR) has entered the transfer portal.
JDetroitTitan
Senior
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby JDetroitTitan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:56 pm

titanmike wrote: I also have heard its a Kampe problem.


Interesting but wouldn't surprise me
JDetroitTitan
Senior
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Oakland Guard to the transfer portal

Postby Commissioner » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:31 pm

JDetroitTitan wrote:
NC Titan wrote:Were I an OU fan I would be more concerned about roster quality with all these transfers. A couple of season ago OU graduated or lost their top six players. Hard to recover from, and if players are leaving at this rate, the cupboard is going to be somewhat bare for Kampe. Though he is a good recruiter.......


I don't understand why all of their players are leaving. Is it because they have to play in a glorified High School gym or is it because there warm up look like the Hamburglar design them :lol:

Maybe they want to play for a school that has a competitive, exciting series against a cross-town rival.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior
 
Posts: 5054
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Next

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 23 guests