Coach Scott Will Not Be Returning

Your place for the Lady Titan's!
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Coach Scott Will Not Be Returning

Postby ptctitan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:45 pm

He tried hard, but didn't succeed. Clearly, a good person. It's always sad when a good person does not succeed in achieving his goals.

https://twitter.com/UDMCoachScott/status/1240720833049436162
ptctitan
Senior

Re: Coach Scott Will Not Be Returning

Postby Dick Vitale » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:53 pm

Best of luck, coach. Stay strong and keep working toward your dream.

Wish the outcome would have been different but know you'll find success. Enjoyed your social media posts and the life you brought to the program during tough times.
Dick Vitale
Senior

Postby Big Chuck » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:39 am

I wish nothing but the best of luck to Coach Scott and his staff. They are a great group of people who worked hard and represented the university well. Unfortunately he did not win enough. This year's team started with a group of young ladies that were young and had little continuity from the previous season(s). Because of non-basketball and non-academic events by the end of the season they had only two players who were on the team last year. As a result with only one senior they had a challenging year.

Overcoming those events with a completive non-conference schedule and with a HL that is significantly stronger for Women's Basketball then Men's basketball (as demonstrated by much higher NCAA seedings) was an almost impossible task. Alas, it did not happen. Nevertheless, the character and tenacity displayed by this team was heartening. They played for Coach Scott right up to the end.

We have some great ladies on the team. We have some players that will be competitive in the HL and a foundation to build on. Let's thank Coach Scott and his staff for that. Hopefully, we can retain this group through the changeover and keep the talented recruits that have signed. It was a pleasure getting to know all of them and watching them grow. I hope to see all of them next year and after. I hope every one of them stays and graduates with the great education this University has to offer.

I know Coach Scott will land on his feet. The team made great strides as the year progressed as they struggled to overcome the obstacles then encountered. By the end of the year they were able to play with most teams in the league. The losing over the season made it tough to close out games as the season wore on. The early loses become a mental albatross late in the game as the men found out also.

Thanks for everything Coach. I am sure you will build on the experiences gained here to be a success in your future gigs.
Big Chuck
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:28 pm

I will miss coach Scott he always friendly when you saw him on campus and would talk to you no matter who you are. I also watch his live stream today he has it posted on his twitter account. It is a good watch if you get a chance.
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Return to Women's Basketball