Boe transferring

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Boe transferring

Postby HSScout1 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Per verbal commits

Detroit F Boe Nguidjol (SO) has entered the transfer portal. https://t.co/Xvv7S9OEEA
HSScout1
Senior

Re: Boe transferring

Postby Rogobob77 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:43 pm

That’s unfortunate. We can’t afford to lose anyone over six feet tall.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Mon May 11, 2020 3:12 pm

Say it ain't so!

I really like Boe's athleticism and intensity. That would be a loss.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Mon May 11, 2020 4:20 pm

no we can't afford to lose him. he's a good player. still, i hafta wish him luck...
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby dennycrane » Mon May 11, 2020 7:20 pm

Boe has put in 2 years of hard work and his best is ahead of him. We can't afford to lose him. Talk him out of it, AD. Talk him out of it, MD!!
dennycrane
Senior

Postby 1975SHjoe » Mon May 11, 2020 10:37 pm

Boe started 2 games played in 18 averaging 16 minutes a game. Average of 3.7 points a game. Maybe a red shirt year would have helped in his development, I don't know. He was not recruited based on how he ended up at UDM. Looks like coach wants to fulfill has goal of strengthening the roster. You hate to see a player leave but its past time to make this program relevant. If the roster needs some tweaking now is the time as AD won't be here forever.
1975SHjoe
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Tue May 12, 2020 1:58 am

I never think it's a good idea to try and talk someone into staying who really doesn't want to be there. Bo must go. Good Luck Bo! I hope it works out for you.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Tue May 12, 2020 1:58 am

I never think it's a good idea to try and talk someone into staying who really doesn't want to be there. Bo must go. Good Luck Bo! I hope it works out for you.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Tue May 12, 2020 8:39 am

1975SHjoe wrote:Boe started 2 games played in 18 averaging 16 minutes a game. Average of 3.7 points a game. Maybe a red shirt year would have helped in his development, I don't know. He was not recruited based on how he ended up at UDM. Looks like coach wants to fulfill has goal of strengthening the roster. You hate to see a player leave but its past time to make this program relevant. If the roster needs some tweaking now is the time as AD won't be here forever.

Exactly. Boe is an athletic young man who at times looks very good. Not as good, and not as often as, say, Jermaine Lippert did, but enough to make you think there's something there. But does that merit the caterwauling here? When you're coming off back-to-back 20-loss seasons, the goal is to turn over a lot of the roster. I mean, it's possible that Boe emerges as a 10 point, 6 rebound guy this year. It happens. Over the last three games this year Boe averaged 7 and 7, and that's pretty good. But we're not going to significantly improve as a team with the same roster as a year ago, minus our #2 scorer and rebounder (Miller). And after 4 consecutive 20-loss seasons, with attendance at its nadir and the career of our electrifying point guard at least half over, the goal is to win now.

Good luck, Boe, I hope the move works out well for both you and the Titans.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby dennycrane » Wed May 13, 2020 11:06 am

Whee doggies, Commissioner! That's a remarkable word "caterwauling". I had never heard it used so I looked it up. It's good to learn something new, seriously.

My point on Boe is that the team lacks overall height. We could much more afford to lose a 6' guard than our only 6' 8" inch player. IF Boe is leaving because it's his own choice, then so be it.
dennycrane
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed May 13, 2020 7:12 pm

he would have added needed depth. coming off the bench. perhaps he wanted a more visible role?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Wed May 20, 2020 7:46 am

Boe has committed to Prairie View A&M.
Rogobob77
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball