New 7’ recruit

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

New 7’ recruit

Postby The-Dude » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:05 pm

Per the other board, it looks like we have a new recruit. 7’3” Snori Erickson from Insula Gardari. Immediately eligible. Welcome to the Titan’s family Snori.
The-Dude
Senior

Re: New 7’ recruit

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Nothing on the other board that I can find. Probably a fake post by someone that has since been deleted.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:54 am

I don't know. If it's on the internet it must be true. :lol:
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:27 am

JDetroitTitan wrote:I don't know. If it's on the internet it must be true. :lol:

@JDetroit is confirming that we’ve signed this kid. Snori Erickson from Iceland...
The-Dude
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:35 pm

Nobody is tweeting about this so I figured I provide an update. Snori was interviewed recently by verbalcommitz and he was asked why he chose UD over the like of UNC and UCN. He said the primary reason were the Dogs. Apparently, Detroit coney dogs are second best only to Icelandic dogs. No joke, you can look it up. What sets Icelandic hot dogs apart is that they are made mostly from Icelandic lamb, along with pork and beef. And, this isn’t just any lamb, pork or beef. This is organic, free range, grass fed, hormone free - pick your positive metaphor - Icelandic lamb, pork and beef. The sheep in Iceland literally roam the countryside until the fall eating berries and leaves. Pigs and cows in Iceland live on small loving farms in one of the cleanest, most pristine environments on Earth. And, the hot dogs are made with natural casings so they have the ‘pop’ when you bit into them. Welcome to the Titan Family Snori and enjoy an everything coney with chili fries from Nikki’s Coney Island, one of Detroit’s finest.
The-Dude
Senior

Postby hyperion » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:52 am

The-Dude wrote:Nobody is tweeting about this so I figured I provide an update. Snori was interviewed recently by verbalcommitz and he was asked why he chose UD over the like of UNC and UCN. He said the primary reason were the Dogs. Apparently, Detroit coney dogs are second best only to Icelandic dogs. No joke, you can look it up. What sets Icelandic hot dogs apart is that they are made mostly from Icelandic lamb, along with pork and beef. And, this isn’t just any lamb, pork or beef. This is organic, free range, grass fed, hormone free - pick your positive metaphor - Icelandic lamb, pork and beef. The sheep in Iceland literally roam the countryside until the fall eating berries and leaves. Pigs and cows in Iceland live on small loving farms in one of the cleanest, most pristine environments on Earth. And, the hot dogs are made with natural casings so they have the ‘pop’ when you bit into them. Welcome to the Titan Family Snori and enjoy an everything coney with chili fries from Nikki’s Coney Island, one of Detroit’s finest.

This is awesome. Thanks for keeping the dream alive Dude.
Let’s return to our former glory. Go Titans!
hyperion
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:06 am

can he move his feet?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:17 pm

titanmac wrote:can he move his feet?

Hey TMac, so no one has actually seen Snori Erickson, our new 7’3” Icelandic Recruit, in person. Except maybe for Commish who might have scouted him last year. But Dude, when you grow up doing this all you life, you betchya that your foot work will be legit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=38618niQzZc
The-Dude
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 pm

:) :) 8-) i'm glad somebody has a sense of humor 'round here!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball