More Excuses from Coach Davis

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

More Excuses from Coach Davis

Postby titans82 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:06 pm

What is up with Coach Davis complaining and whining about everything? He has more excuses than any coach I've ever seen. If it's not complaining about the refs EVERY SINGLE GAME, now it's this. I guarantee if we had won, there's ZERO chance he'd bring up the whole Covid situation trying to get these games in with Oakland. I'm sick and tired of him and his son Mike Jr. complaining about everything that's out of their control. Not a good look and it's time he shows some results. Maybe they should have gotten a diaper and pacifier for Christmas, because they're both big whiny babies who have nothing to show for except a 1-7 record.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 057502001/
titans82
Sophmore

Re: More Excuses from Coach Davis

Postby ptctitan » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:04 pm

I disagree with you here. In the postgame virtual press conference Sunday, Davis was asked specifically what was most disappointing about the weekend games. He replied two things: 1) being required to play the games after learning about the infected ref in the Oakland-UIC series; and, 2) being told that we will still have to play Oakland another 2 games at Oakland in late January.

Kampe doesn't want to play us again either.

Davis has a valid complaint about the HL's actions here because UIC was permitted to cancel its trip to Milwaukee over the same ref. Only the league and UIC's statements made it appear that the positive test occurred with someone in UIC's program when it was a ref who officiated both games on the previous weekend. His point? Why wasn't UIC forced to play Milwaukee? He also has another gripe with the HL over its same protocols that forced us not to play Waterman against Wright State even after his quarantine ended and his all of his test results were negative. According to the HL, Waterman needed more than two or more consecutive negative tests before he could play. This was Waterman's second quarantine due to contact tracing with someone else on campus who tested positive. Why is this a legitimate complaint? Because this is UIC's second program pause or stoppage due to positive COVID tests.

At this point, we don't know if we must travel to Chicago on Thursday to play UIC on Friday-Saturday or whether we will be sent somewhere else, or whether we need to try and schedule a game or two to replace UIC.

If you want to hear someone cuss out ref's during D-1 basketball games, sit behind the Duke bench and listen to Coach K. He makes Davis look like a choirboy.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby titans82 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:26 pm

ptctitan wrote:I disagree with you here. In the postgame virtual press conference Sunday, Davis was asked specifically what was most disappointing about the weekend games. He replied two things: 1) being required to play the games after learning about the infected ref in the Oakland-UIC series; and, 2) being told that we will still have to play Oakland another 2 games at Oakland in late January.

Kampe doesn't want to play us again either.

Davis has a valid complaint about the HL's actions here because UIC was permitted to cancel its trip to Milwaukee over the same ref. Only the league and UIC's statements made it appear that the positive test occurred with someone in UIC's program when it was a ref who officiated both games on the previous weekend. His point? Why wasn't UIC forced to play Milwaukee? He also has another gripe with the HL over its same protocols that forced us not to play Waterman against Wright State even after his quarantine ended and his all of his test results were negative. According to the HL, Waterman needed more than two or more consecutive negative tests before he could play. This was Waterman's second quarantine due to contact tracing with someone else on campus who tested positive. Why is this a legitimate complaint? Because this is UIC's second program pause or stoppage due to positive COVID tests.

At this point, we don't know if we must travel to Chicago on Thursday to play UIC on Friday-Saturday or whether we will be sent somewhere else, or whether we need to try and schedule a game or two to replace UIC.

If you want to hear someone cuss out ref's during D-1 basketball games, sit behind the Duke bench and listen to Coach K. He makes Davis look like a choirboy.

I won't argue with that and those are valid points. I just find it hard to believe that if we won both games or even split, that he would even have mentioned any of that. And I'm sure there's plenty of coaches who berate the officials, but Davis has used it as an excuse in his postgame press conferences and costs us technicals. Sure the other coaches chirp throughout the game, but it's just getting old that he publicly uses it as a scapegoat too.
titans82
Sophmore

Postby The-Dude » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:02 am

Coach’s frustrations are ineffable and he comes across all aquiver and sonorous. His post game limerence with officiating is vexing, however ephemeral. Perhaps it’s the hiraeth whispers of his glorious epoch and his current reality. I find solace that Coach shows passion and is not a somnambulist. I do wish he would relax and take on a mellifluous tone.
The-Dude
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball