Stop over thinking the recruitment process

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Stop over thinking the recruitment process

Postby Hoopster_Now_In_DC » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:34 am

Go back to the basics. Get players from Pontiac, Flint, Metro Detroit, Saginaw, etc. if OU is threatening that fundamental talent pool then we are doomed. In the past, we used to be able to flip MAJOR local talent from the likes of Syracuse, Missouri, and Michigan. It’s seems even that has dried up. :?

It’s looking to be one of the most disappointing seasons on record unless things get turned around rather quickly.
Hoopster_Now_In_DC
Senior

Re: Stop over thinking the recruitment process

Postby ptctitan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:23 am

Hoopster_Now_In_DC wrote:Go back to the basics. Get players from Pontiac, Flint, Metro Detroit, Saginaw, etc. if OU is threatening that fundamental talent pool then we are doomed. In the past, we used to be able to flip MAJOR local talent from the likes of Syracuse, Missouri, and Michigan. It’s seems even that has dried up. :?

It’s looking to be one of the most disappointing seasons on record unless things get turned around rather quickly.

Under your analysis, Bacari should have won most of his games since he had so much local talent on his two rosters. And why couldn't Ray's post Ray Jr teams beat Oakland either? Yes, this will be a disappointing season if we don't turn around things rapidly.

If you're truly seeking to analyze why we lost yesterday, there are two big reasons: 1) we were outhustled for loose balls and contested rebounds; and, 2) this was our first game with the team we thought we'd have from day 1 while this was OU's 10th such game. That said, we still could have and should have won the game. And, it is inexcusable that we were outhustled.
ptctitan
Senior

Re: Stop over thinking the recruitment process

Postby udballer » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:11 am

I don't think your response makes much sense. BA brought in zero local talent other than JJJ and Ballantyne. Two players don't make a team. All his other "recruits" were D2 players at best and came from France to Newfoundland. His track record certainly doesn't disprove anyone's thoughts on recruiting the state of Michigan.

Ray brought in some decent local talent for sure. I'd say most of his losses to OU had more to do with the team OU put on the floor than some lack of talent on Detroit's side. Ray wasn't losing to OU teams that were winless. Make no mistake about it, Oakland is not good. They just beat Coach Davis twice in 2 days, at Calihan. That's an awful look for our coach in year 3.

I know, I know... there was an APR ban.
udballer
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball